Crypto Hand Holding

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Crypto Hand Holding

Postby Yellek » Sun Dec 03, 2017

I could use a little help.
I purchased some bitcoin on Coinbase.
Opened an account at Cryptopia.
I'm not sure how to move the bitcoin to cryptopia so I can buy HYP.
Sorry if this should be self explanatory, but the training wheels are still on this bike.
Thanks in advance.
m r purty. I like 'em gold 'uns.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Crypto Hand Holding

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 03, 2017

1) Login to Cryptopia. Click on the "B" bitcoin button (top right), and click on Balances. Under "Actions" click on the green arrow adjacent to the Bitcoin currency. Copy the deposit address.

2) Login to Coinbase. Go to Accounts tab. Once your bitcoin is in the wallet, click on the Send tab. It will ask you to input an address to send to. Paste the address you copied from Cryptopia.

3) Wait for bitcoin blockchain to confirm this transaction. Could take up to 1-2 hours, or as quick as 20 minutes.

4) Once the bitcoin is in Cryptopia, click on Exchange tab (upper left). Scroll down to HYP and click on it. Your bitcoin balance should be visible in the "buy HYP" box where you can input your order. Look at the recent transactions and the current sell & buy book orders for reference.

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Sun Dec 03, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:1) Login to Cryptopia. Click on the "B" bitcoin button (top right), and click on Balances. Under "Actions" click on the green arrow adjacent to the Bitcoin currency. Copy the deposit address.

2) Login to Coinbase. Go to Accounts tab. Once your bitcoin is in the wallet, click on the Send tab. It will ask you to input an address to send to. Paste the address you copied from Cryptopia.

3) Wait for bitcoin blockchain to confirm this transaction. Could take up to 1-2 hours, or as quick as 20 minutes.

4) Once the bitcoin is in Cryptopia, click on Exchange tab (upper left). Scroll down to HYP and click on it. Your bitcoin balance should be visible in the "buy HYP" box where you can input your order. Look at the recent transactions and the current sell & buy book orders for reference.

I got as far as submitting the order to buy and got the message "Spam Trade Detected"
This was my order.
I original amount was $200. When it got to Cryptopia, I was down to about $175.
Is that to little to work with?
Here was my order.
Again, thank you.

Amount HYP : .99800399

Price BTC : .0158900

Sum BTC : .01585828

Fee BTC : .00003172

Total BTC : .0158900

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 04, 2017

It appears that maybe you weren't putting in a big enough HYP order. I don't think you can make a trade for just 1 HYP because that isn't a large enough order - hence the "spam transaction" warning. Exchanges want you to place orders of a minimum size.

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Mon Dec 04, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:It appears that maybe you weren't putting in a big enough HYP order. I don't think you can make a trade for just 1 HYP because that isn't a large enough order - hence the "spam transaction" warning. Exchanges want you to place orders of a minimum size.

OK, there's a real good chance that I'm just dense as hell, but this is what I'm trying to do.

I have .01984000 BTC.
I want to buy HYP. The going price on HYP is .00000020
Shouldn't I be able to buy around 94,000 HYP?
I see transactions in the Market History that show similar buys.
Am I just looking at this all wrong?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 04, 2017

Yellek wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:It appears that maybe you weren't putting in a big enough HYP order. I don't think you can make a trade for just 1 HYP because that isn't a large enough order - hence the "spam transaction" warning. Exchanges want you to place orders of a minimum size.

OK, there's a real good chance that I'm just dense as hell, but this is what I'm trying to do.

I have .01984000 BTC.

The easy way: in the "buy HYP" box, click inside the Price (BTC) box, the second one down. Now set your buy price. You can either set it at or lower than the current order book (buy orders) at 20 sats or lower. Or you can buy instantly by entering an amount that is already on the sell side order book. No need to pay a higher price than necessary so just go with the cheapest available sell. Once you've entered the price, click your "available" BTC balance inside the Buy HYP box and it should auto-fill in your maximum order and show you how much HYP you can buy.

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Mon Dec 04, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Yellek wrote:

I have .01984000 BTC.

The easy way: in the "buy HYP" box, click inside the Price (BTC) box, the second one down. Now set your buy price. You can either set it at or lower than the current order book (buy orders) at 20 sats or lower. Or you can buy instantly by entering an amount that is already on the sell side order book. No need to pay a higher price than necessary so just go with the cheapest available sell. Once you've entered the price, click your "available" BTC balance inside the Buy HYP box and it should auto-fill in your maximum order and show you how much HYP you can buy.

Got it. Was able to purchase HYP
Thank you for your patience with this old fart.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”