Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Feb 03, 2018

What kind of profit can we reasonably expect from holding DBET if the platform is successful? How can we estimate it?

This article estimates about $37.9 billion in profits from online gambling annually. https://www.statista.com/topics/1368/gambling/

Blockchain gaming will be fairer, safer, and provably secure. The key is picking the best project that will be successful because there will be a lot of competition in this space. That is why the team is so important and why I'm quite bullish on DBET. These guys work non-stop. So, lets say DBET is successful and ends up getting only 0.1% of that online gaming market (on average) within the first 3 years. That is $37.9 million in profit per year. If I were to hold 100k DBETs in the house, and let's say 150 million of the 205 million DBETs are locked up in the house (wild guess), then I would have a 0.067% share of the house.

That would yield me about $25,000 in USD profits per year for my share, and I would STILL have the 100k DBETs at whatever increased value they are at. Based on the success of the platform, the additional user demand, etc I would expect that usage and price to all increase. And if those DBETS were bought at the ICO price of $0.10 each, it would ONLY cost $10k USD up front for that profit. Therefore, if DBET can capture merely 0.1% of the online gaming market this would be an amazing investment decision. If DBET achieved a mere 1% of the market, if you hold 100k DBETs you could easily retire by simply locking up your tokens and doing NOTHING.

The other great thing about DBET, unlike many other cryptos, is that eventually its value will completely decouple from bitcoin or any other crypto, because its inherent value will be in revenue generation, and not in speculation or theoretical future gains.... like 99% of the remainder of the current crypto market.

Current price $0.20
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Thu Feb 08, 2018

Just read all 4 pages. Very interesting concept.

I see it's currently at 0.18

My only concern...Im interested in buying and holding. Then I see all this talk in the crypto world about forking, upgrading tokens, etc....

Is there danger in buying/holding and never checking back for 5 years? I read the comments about tokens being worthless if not upgraded...

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Feb 08, 2018

Preludedude wrote:Just read all 4 pages. Very interesting concept.

I see it's currently at 0.18

My only concern...Im interested in buying and holding. Then I see all this talk in the crypto world about forking, upgrading tokens, etc....

Is there danger in buying/holding and never checking back for 5 years? I read the comments about tokens being worthless if not upgraded...


Of note here is that DBET is an ERC-20 token that runs on the Ethereum virtual machine (EVM). If you did not buy in the ICO (or off of Ether Delta exchange) you do not need to worry about upgrading from v1 tokens to v2 tokens. If you are acquiring off Cryptopia or any future exchanges, it is already the v2 token so you are good to go. There ought not be a reason to upgrade to a v3 token in the near future, but anything is possible.

That said, you will need to put your tokens in the DBET wallet if you'd like to lock up your tokens into the house to participate in the profit-sharing. This will likely first happen on/around the end of March. Now the team will likely create a feature that allows you to simply "roll your tokens + profits" into the next quarterly cycle, but that might require some sort of action on your part. Crypto is different than just buying / holding / selling stock. You have to be a bit more involved (usually).

That is also why many of us interested in the cryptos try to keep these threads active with major announcements, when possible. DBET is one of my long holds (unless something changes), so I'm fairly active in keeping this thread up to date. Many people will join a slack or discord channel and only stop in to check on the "announcements" channel which is usually reserved for team members only to make major announcements.
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Thu Feb 08, 2018

I just bought a little from Cryptopia...I downloaded the wallet, and just sent a small sum to the wallet...

How long does it normally take to appear in the DBET wallet?

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Feb 08, 2018

Preludedude wrote:I just bought a little from Cryptopia...I downloaded the wallet, and just sent a small sum to the wallet...

How long does it normally take to appear in the DBET wallet?


The transactions are normally quick peer to peer. When using an exchange they often require more time so that the exchange ensures they don't get scammed by users. Did you also confirm with your email after submitting your withdraw request?
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Thu Feb 08, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:I just bought a little from Cryptopia...I downloaded the wallet, and just sent a small sum to the wallet...

How long does it normally take to appear in the DBET wallet?


The transactions are normally quick peer to peer. When using an exchange they often require more time so that the exchange ensures they don't get scammed by users. Did you also confirm with your email after submitting your withdraw request?


Yes, I confirmed in the email.....It has been 3 hrs now....Still havent arrived in the wallet....

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Feb 08, 2018

Preludedude wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:I just bought a little from Cryptopia...I downloaded the wallet, and just sent a small sum to the wallet...

How long does it normally take to appear in the DBET wallet?


The transactions are normally quick peer to peer. When using an exchange they often require more time so that the exchange ensures they don't get scammed by users. Did you also confirm with your email after submitting your withdraw request?


Yes, I confirmed in the email.....It has been 3 hrs now....Still havent arrived in the wallet....


If it goes more than 24 hours, open a support ticket with the exchange.
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Thu Feb 08, 2018

It charged me 21 tokens to transfer the small amount. Which is $3.78. I guess I get to pay the fee again when I go to transfer the whole total...

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Feb 08, 2018

Preludedude wrote:It charged me 21 tokens to transfer the small amount. Which is $3.78. I guess I get to pay the fee again when I go to transfer the whole total...


Yep, Cryptopia doesn't always have the greatest fees. I paid 0.001 BTC to withdraw bitcoin. That is $8. Binance is similar unless you are withdrawing NEO - free on Binance.
Image

User avatar
Noktrnl
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013
Location: Utah

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Noktrnl » Fri Feb 09, 2018

Your contribution to not only this particular thread but to this whole crypto forum is appreciated more than you know SilverDoge. I'm still really new into the crypto scene but your posts have helped me learn so much already. I unfortunately missed out on the DBET ICO but bought into one called JGEN? I'm taking it as a loss since I haven't heard anything since the ICO closed but this thread helped me learn what I should look for in an ICO that I'm looking to invest into in the future.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Feb 09, 2018

Noktrnl wrote:Your contribution to not only this particular thread but to this whole crypto forum is appreciated more than you know SilverDoge. I'm still really new into the crypto scene but your posts have helped me learn so much already. I unfortunately missed out on the DBET ICO but bought into one called JGEN? I'm taking it as a loss since I haven't heard anything since the ICO closed but this thread helped me learn what I should look for in an ICO that I'm looking to invest into in the future.


Thanks for the kind words. Ironically, you can get DBET cheaper now than ICO price (in satoshi value). When I bought at 10 cents per DBET, the price of ETH was $273. Now it is over $800. That is almost a 3x gain in ETH in the same time that DBET is sitting at 1.5 to 2x gain in USD terms. Anyway, good luck on JGEN. I haven't heard of it but there are a lot of ICOs every day now. Just make sure you do your research first and never put in more that you can 100% comfortably lose. Cheers.
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Sat Feb 10, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Preludedude wrote:I just bought a little from Cryptopia...I downloaded the wallet, and just sent a small sum to the wallet...

How long does it normally take to appear in the DBET wallet?


The transactions are normally quick peer to peer. When using an exchange they often require more time so that the exchange ensures they don't get scammed by users. Did you also confirm with your email after submitting your withdraw request?


Yes, I confirmed in the email.....It has been 3 hrs now....Still havent arrived in the wallet....


If it goes more than 24 hours, open a support ticket with the exchange.


Still hasn't shown up in the wallet....Cryptopia says "processing" under the withdraw history...Ill give it a few more days...

DG2009
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby DG2009 » Sat Feb 10, 2018

Same here. Moved a small amount of DBET to my wallet and has not appeared yet. Has been 2 days
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Sat Feb 10, 2018

Yep..Its been 2.5 days for me....Still not in my wallet

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Feb 11, 2018

Guys, open a support ticket with Cryptopia. I'm not sure why you are having withdraw issues. I just did a withdraw last week and had no issues.
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Tue Feb 13, 2018

Been 5 days and still not in my wallet...Cryptopia still says "processing"....I opened a ticket 2 days ago, and have not received an email or notification or anything....Good thing it was only 50 DBET tokens...

DG2009
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby DG2009 » Wed Feb 14, 2018

Same here, sent 200 dbets and none in my wallet yet. Opened a ticket today.
Image

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4679
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Feb 20, 2018

DG2009 wrote:Same here, sent 200 dbets and none in my wallet yet. Opened a ticket today.


Preludedude wrote:Been 5 days and still not in my wallet...Cryptopia still says "processing"....I opened a ticket 2 days ago, and have not received an email or notification or anything....Good thing it was only 50 DBET tokens...


I heard that Cryptopia has cleared some of their withdrawal backlog issues. Are you guys good yet?

In other news, DBET is getting added to HitBTC so that should help the situation soon too.

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/DBET-to-BTC
Image

Preludedude
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012
Location: SC, USA

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby Preludedude » Tue Feb 20, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
DG2009 wrote:Same here, sent 200 dbets and none in my wallet yet. Opened a ticket today.


Preludedude wrote:Been 5 days and still not in my wallet...Cryptopia still says "processing"....I opened a ticket 2 days ago, and have not received an email or notification or anything....Good thing it was only 50 DBET tokens...


I heard that Cryptopia has cleared some of their withdrawal backlog issues. Are you guys good yet?

In other news, DBET is getting added to HitBTC so that should help the situation soon too.

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/DBET-to-BTC


No...Just checked the wallet...Balance is still 0.....It has been 12 days now...

DG2009
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin Decent.Bet

Postby DG2009 » Tue Feb 20, 2018

Same here. Dbet's have not transferred, and no answer from cryptopia
Image


Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest