Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jan 15, 2018

rahbii wrote:What's more valuable: NEO or GAS?


Haha, why not ask what one should stack: silver or gold!?!?!?! ;)
Image

User avatar
rahbii
Posts: 2115
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010
Location: Mega-City One

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby rahbii » Mon Jan 15, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
rahbii wrote:What's more valuable: NEO or GAS?


Haha, why not ask what one should stack: silver or gold!?!?!?! ;)

Exactly. But where do you put your extra cash? I feel like I don't have enough of either.
Image Image Image
"The early bird gets the worm. But it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese"

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby texmex66 » Mon Jan 15, 2018

rahbii wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
rahbii wrote:What's more valuable: NEO or GAS?


Haha, why not ask what one should stack: silver or gold!?!?!?! ;)

Exactly. But where do you put your extra cash? I feel like I don't have enough of either.


TC is def the resident expert on NEO. I like the 2 for 1 aspect. Store NEO in the NEON wallet and earn GAS for free.

Ive heard GAS will be more expensive than NEO at some point because you need it to run on the NEO platform and gets used up along the way diminishes. At least that is my limited understanding. HODL both. :D

Edit: Cant find any info on GAS diminishing as i previously thought. It appears Gas gets redistributed to NEO holders.

fmsfms2003
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby fmsfms2003 » Mon Jan 15, 2018

So I have neo in a neo wallet and get my gas (my wife says it's the most appropriate crypto for me...). Anyway I also have some neo on bittrex exchange. Is the gas on those in bittrex accumulating such that when I move it to my neo wallet I'll get what's been built up?

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby texmex66 » Mon Jan 15, 2018

fmsfms2003 wrote:So I have neo in a neo wallet and get my gas (my wife says it's the most appropriate crypto for me...). Anyway I also have some neo on bittrex exchange. Is the gas on those in bittrex accumulating such that when I move it to my neo wallet I'll get what's been built up?


I have heard Bittrex is keeping the GAS for themselves. I would move your NEO off of Bittrex as soon as possible into your NEO wallet. NEO must be moved in whole number such as 1 not .99. You will need approx. .0005200 extra NEO to move it out. Go to your NEO wallet and act like you are going to withdraw NEO and it will show you the NEO fee. You must have this amount to move whole NEOs out of the wallet and into your NEON wallet etc. If you dont send whole NEO it will be lost. I have done it several times through Bittrex and havent lost anything. Showed up in my NEON wallet pretty quick.

I recently heard of Bittrex keeping the GAS. When i bought my NEO i immediately moved it off Bittrex. This was when NEO was much cheaper. I have heard Bittrex is making it hard for people to move their NEO of the exchange so they can continue raking in the GAS.

The other exchanges, Binance anf KuCoin will give you the GAS.

Edit: The fee to move NEO is for 1 or 100+, wont matter how much you move.

fmsfms2003
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby fmsfms2003 » Mon Jan 15, 2018

Thanks tex

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby texmex66 » Mon Jan 15, 2018

fmsfms2003 wrote:Thanks tex

Yep, NEO wallet disabled on Bittrex. Many complaints to Bittrex, they say they are working on it lol. Mean while they rake in the GAS, what a shame. :thumbdown:

User avatar
Fabio
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011
Location: Vancouver/Seattle
Contact:

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Fabio » Mon Jan 15, 2018

texmex66 wrote:
fmsfms2003 wrote:Thanks tex

Yep, NEO wallet disabled on Bittrex. Many complaints to Bittrex, they say they are working on it lol. Mean while they rake in the GAS, what a shame. :thumbdown:


It's been in maintenance for over 2 weeks. Some people got fed up with it and sold Neo for btc/eth, moved the proceeds to binance, bought Neo back and then moved it to their wallet, it does end you costing a bit in transaction fees but at least you can have your neo.

fmsfms, you need an extra 0.025 Neo at bittrex, that's how much they charge for withdrawals and binance doesn't charge any withdrawal fees and they actually give you your gas at the beginning of the month.
"LiteCoin, the original shitcoin" - Fabio 2018

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Mon Jan 15, 2018

Apparently while I slept, Korea took over. Upbit (a korean exchange I've never heard of) is selling NEO at over $240 currently. While that price is excluded on CMC (like many other coins have Korea excluded)...the net effect is once again NEO rising up. Currently $192 (AMEN!)

Someone asking about GAS I see. I PERSONALLY like NEO more then GAS. Do you want golden eggs or the goose that lays them? NEO will always pay you out gas. Even When we start charging gas to run apps on the blockchain, a percentage of that charge will be redistributed to NEO holders.....so you'll keep getting gas till the day you die. I currently make more in daily GAS dividends then I do working 12 hour shifts for the city....it's THAT good!
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversaving wrote:Apparently while I slept, Korea took over. Upbit (a korean exchange I've never heard of) is selling NEO at over $240 currently. While that price is excluded on CMC (like many other coins have Korea excluded)...the net effect is once again NEO rising up. Currently $192 (AMEN!)

Someone asking about GAS I see. I PERSONALLY like NEO more then GAS. Do you want golden eggs or the goose that lays them? NEO will always pay you out gas. Even When we start charging gas to run apps on the blockchain, a percentage of that charge will be redistributed to NEO holders.....so you'll keep getting gas till the day you die. I currently make more in daily GAS dividends then I do working 12 hour shifts for the city....it's THAT good!


Even after you die, you're wallet will continue to get the GAS! ;)

Want an exploitable loophole? CMC is listing the NEO/KCS pair trading at $185, and the NEO/BCH pair trading at $224. So use your KCS to buy NEO, sell for BCH -> then sell BCH back for BTC or KCS and repeat.

EDIT: I just logged on to KuCoin to attempt to exploit this and somebody beat me to the punch and filled the gap. Oh well.
Image

User avatar
rahbii
Posts: 2115
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010
Location: Mega-City One

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby rahbii » Tue Jan 16, 2018

the problem with Kucoin is there's no volume and the price spreads are insane.
Image Image Image
"The early bird gets the worm. But it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese"

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:$132.50 All time high boys

Just read another ETH project swapping over to NEO:
https://blog.narrative.network/big-news-kyc-and-our-switch-to-neo-2f34215beef9

Decentralized nodes news will kick us over $150 pretty easy. Still many ICOs coming up on NEO causing people to buy it up to invest in them.


Looks cool. My largest concern with NEO has always been this assumption as highlighted in their blog update:
Quantum Computer Resistant
Blockchain is only as secure as its cryptography. The next wave in computing is so-called “quantum computers”, which can solve complex problems that are not possible now. While no one knows when such computers will be viable, it will happen and perhaps sooner than we think. NEO utilizes a cryptographic system that will prevent quantum computers from breaking its codes. Ethereum and most other blockchain projects are not there yet. This added level of security is comforting, since we ultimately need to protect everyone who uses our platform.


Can someone explain how NEO is provable quantum secure? Does it use XMSS signature scheme with witernitz OTS (one time signatures)? I think not. If it uses BLISS like Cardano (ADA) claims it will, the QRL expert cryptographer has already cracked that. I do not know how NEO is yet or will be quantum secure. If anyone has an explanation it would be greatly appreciated.


Still waiting... cough [Silversaving] cough....
Image

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 16, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Still waiting... cough [Silversaving] cough....


Sorry man, you can research it as well as me. I know forever we've been classified as a quantum resistant blockchain due to our dBFT and some lattice something or another. Basically, at this time, we are the best platform blockchain running. Every other one will get torn apart before us. BTC, ETH, QTUM, LISK, Whatever. If you want to go into super technicals you'll have to ask the Devs. I have general knowledge of the project but I haven't memorized all the specifics.



In other news: Just sitting here on NEO island watching the crypto world burn tonight. Crypto always such a hyperactive game. Never a dull moment.
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Still waiting... cough [Silversaving] cough....


Sorry man, you can research it as well as me. I know forever we've been classified as a quantum resistant blockchain due to our dBFT and some lattice something or another. Basically, at this time, we are the best blockchain running. Every other one will get torn apart before us. BTC, ETH, Whatever. If you want to go into super technicals you'll have to ask the Devs. I have general knowledge of the project but I haven't memorized all the specifics.



In other news: Just sitting here on NEO island watching the crypto world burn tonight. Crypto always such a hyperactive game. Never a dull moment.


I have researched it, but I can't get a good hold on it. You have major wasta [street cred] in the NEO community to be able to ask the difficult questions without being a "concern troll" or FUD'er that I and others do not. They would take your questions/concerns seriously.

Is NEO more secure than BTC and ETH - of course. But that isn't the argument at hand.
Image

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 16, 2018

There isn't an argument at hand....
NEO Devs (expecially CoZ folks) are a damned good group of folks. Intelligent and engaging. Feel free to drop buy NEO discord anytime and ask them...they will answer you best they can. I have zero "cred" there, I'm just a guy. I would not understand the technicals if they explained it to me.

I don't understand why you are so upset about an ICO moving to NEO to be more quantum resistant. Seems smart to me.
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversaving wrote:There isn't an argument at hand....
NEO Devs (expecially CoZ folks) are a damned good group of folks. Intelligent and engaging. Feel free to drop buy NEO discord anytime and ask them...they will answer you best they can. I have zero "cred" there, I'm just a guy. I would not understand the technicals if they explained it to me.

I don't understand why you are so upset about an ICO moving to NEO to be more quantum resistant. Seems smart to me.


I am not at all upset about an ICO moving to NEO. That was merely one of several reasons the project switched to NEO. My concern is if NEO is really QC-secure or not - and is it now or is it a claim for the future of the blockchain? I'm guessing you underestimate your "cred" over there, but I will give it a try again and see if I can get some resolution in Discord in the dev-general channel. More to follow.
Image

User avatar
Long John
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3748
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversaving wrote:In other news: Just sitting here on NEO island watching the crypto world burn tonight. Crypto always such a hyperactive game. Never a dull moment.

The fire has reached the island, but NEO has burned less than most cryptos.

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Long John wrote:The fire has reached the island, but NEO has burned less than most cryptos.

yeah, down with the ship. Easy come, easy go.
Seeking a few Rodebaugh Bars. Looking for a series #1, Fat Boy, 2015 100g, & 2012 classic bar. Also collecting the #9 serial on any of his other pieces.

User avatar
Long John
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3748
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Hey, NEO's still $150 at this writing. While that's down quite a bit from the high, it's still about 6X what it was not too many weeks ago. In November it was in the $25 range. So no need to put your TV in hock just yet, SS. :lol:

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Italy

Re: Alt-Coin NEO (formerly Antshares)

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
Long John wrote:The fire has reached the island, but NEO has burned less than most cryptos.

yeah, down with the ship. Easy come, easy go.


Yeah, we all should have bought into RussiaCoin (RC) as it is up 43% against bitcoin today. Hindsight! :lol:
Image


Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 300Braveheart and 1 guest