Bitcoin Cash Poll

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.

Will Bitcoin Cash become the dominant chain within 1 year

1) Not a chance
19
36%
2) 1-10% chance
10
19%
3) 11-25% chance
10
19%
4) 26-50% chance
9
17%
5) 51-75% chance
2
4%
6) 76-99% chance
0
No votes
7) Yes, I guarantee it!
3
6%
 
Total votes: 53

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Nov 22, 2017

silverpv wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
silverpv wrote:I downloaded the wallet just based on this claim and it seems pretty clear to me. BTC is BTC, BCH is BCH and a different color/logo. deadalnix is the lead for Bitcoin Cash, not Ver, though he's the lead evangelist. Even Anton Antonopolous thinks they can coexist. The whole "bcash" attack needs to stop. There needs to be something to fill the gap bitcoin as a transactional currency and nothing exists with the infrastructure in place like bitcoin/bitcoin cash.


They can and will coexist, just like the hundreds of other alts. The difference is the other alts owned their "alt" status and aren't trying to steal the bitcoin brand. Ver owns bitcoin.com and therefore is able to hoodwink noobs. It isn't like we have a lack of cryptos that want to be transactional currencies: LTC, PIVX, Dash, QRL, HYP, XMR, ZCash, Doge, XVG, and on and on. Ver is rich, he can do what he wants. It doesn't mean I have to like it or use his product. He can keep his Bcash, I will take QRL & BTC.


Yes, but isn't that what capitalists do? lol Bitcoin is decentralized and therefor does not own the brand, unless its a centralized brand. There are plenty others but none that can match the brand equity or previous utility of bitcoin other than bitcoin cash right now because of the airdrop more people have it. The only other one I'd put on a similar level is LTC and maybe DASH but i'm not really sure why DASH is pumping. I think it needs to be there and most people will still use btc or bch combo.


And where did bcash get this "brand equity"? Did it comes from inventing crypto, did it come from years of programming, did it come from grassroots demand? No. They forked bitcoin, and have a bunch of miners favoring them because it is more profitable. Ok, fair enough. But I don't have to respect or use this stolen brand equity.

Currently, BTC is my store of value coin, ETH is my "usage" coin, QRL will be my currency coin, and DBET will be my gambling token. We'll see how NEO works out in all this.
Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby silverpv » Wed Nov 22, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
silverpv wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
silverpv wrote:I downloaded the wallet just based on this claim and it seems pretty clear to me. BTC is BTC, BCH is BCH and a different color/logo. deadalnix is the lead for Bitcoin Cash, not Ver, though he's the lead evangelist. Even Anton Antonopolous thinks they can coexist. The whole "bcash" attack needs to stop. There needs to be something to fill the gap bitcoin as a transactional currency and nothing exists with the infrastructure in place like bitcoin/bitcoin cash.


They can and will coexist, just like the hundreds of other alts. The difference is the other alts owned their "alt" status and aren't trying to steal the bitcoin brand. Ver owns bitcoin.com and therefore is able to hoodwink noobs. It isn't like we have a lack of cryptos that want to be transactional currencies: LTC, PIVX, Dash, QRL, HYP, XMR, ZCash, Doge, XVG, and on and on. Ver is rich, he can do what he wants. It doesn't mean I have to like it or use his product. He can keep his Bcash, I will take QRL & BTC.


Yes, but isn't that what capitalists do? lol Bitcoin is decentralized and therefor does not own the brand, unless its a centralized brand. There are plenty others but none that can match the brand equity or previous utility of bitcoin other than bitcoin cash right now because of the airdrop more people have it. The only other one I'd put on a similar level is LTC and maybe DASH but i'm not really sure why DASH is pumping. I think it needs to be there and most people will still use btc or bch combo.


And where did bcash get this "brand equity"? Did it comes from inventing crypto, did it come from years of programming, did it come from grassroots demand? No. They forked bitcoin, and have a bunch of miners favoring them because it is more profitable. Ok, fair enough. But I don't have to respect or use this stolen brand equity.

Currently, BTC is my store of value coin, ETH is my "usage" coin, QRL will be my currency coin, and DBET will be my gambling token. We'll see how NEO works out in all this.


I'm all for it and hey a fork is a fork. It's backed by a segment of the same community that decided to split off. A loose similarity to how the US was born, (high fee's, don't listen - no taxation w.o representation). lol So the brand equity comes from the communities that support them. You could look at all the other failed btc forks and ask why that didn't work out. Yes, it did come from grassroots demand. One person decided to take the lead, not unlike Satoshi himself. Adam Back will tell you bitcoin is really hashcash with i forget, of what he invented. It's not stolen, it just separated.

You don't have to support it. I think its overvalued right now due to tx volume but do think its good for global currency. I do like ETH but want to save that. I get paid in ETH now. :D woohoo! It's just a separate community. Otherwise people would've sold out and it would've gone to $0. It's ok people don't like Bitcoin Cash. I have the same folio minus QRL, your QRL is my EVX. lol We both hope for NEO.

Building apps for people to use though, ETH with too many tokens is not good. BTC is not fungible enough anymore. So globally, I think BCH or LTC fits the bill. I'm planning on rebuilding my inventory app to support eth/bch/ltc/btc/neo . and working on my wallet viewer app which is why I've been away. I think the next killer app is making global commerce easier. ETH could work, but token transfer fees are high $0.35c+ straight eth is $0.08c+. BCH and LTC are the only ones with lower fees AND the wide reach. LTC only recently gaining more ground.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Nov 23, 2017

silverpv wrote:I'm all for it and hey a fork is a fork. It's backed by a segment of the same community that decided to split off. A loose similarity to how the US was born, (high fee's, don't listen - no taxation w.o representation). lol So the brand equity comes from the communities that support them. You could look at all the other failed btc forks and ask why that didn't work out. Yes, it did come from grassroots demand. One person decided to take the lead, not unlike Satoshi himself. Adam Back will tell you bitcoin is really hashcash with i forget, of what he invented. It's not stolen, it just separated.

You don't have to support it. I think its overvalued right now due to tx volume but do think its good for global currency. I do like ETH but want to save that. I get paid in ETH now. :D woohoo! It's just a separate community. Otherwise people would've sold out and it would've gone to $0. It's ok people don't like Bitcoin Cash. I have the same folio minus QRL, your QRL is my EVX. lol We both hope for NEO.

Building apps for people to use though, ETH with too many tokens is not good. BTC is not fungible enough anymore. So globally, I think BCH or LTC fits the bill. I'm planning on rebuilding my inventory app to support eth/bch/ltc/btc/neo . and working on my wallet viewer app which is why I've been away. I think the next killer app is making global commerce easier. ETH could work, but token transfer fees are high $0.35c+ straight eth is $0.08c+. BCH and LTC are the only ones with lower fees AND the wide reach. LTC only recently gaining more ground.


If low fees are your goal, DogeCoin is the answer. Lowest fees I've ever seen. There is probably some new crypto with even lower fees, but that is just one aspect of the coin. I agree on the next killer app needs to be something amazing, but I'm not sure if making global commerce easier is it - unless it is something like eBay for blockchain (or better).

Getting back to these bitcoin forks and stolen brand identity though: Bitcoin Gold just created a mess by endorsing a wallet on their official website that was a scam. The author of this wallet was also designated as a developer on their Slack channel. This is the kind of stuff that scares away new adopters. I know scams exist and we all need to be careful, but these bitcoin forks are just showing off the amateur hour level of being ready as global players with these kind of mistakes. I sold my BTG on Bittrex as soon as I got it.

Scam: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-scam-nets-3-million-illicit-earnings/
Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1423
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby silverpv » Thu Nov 30, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
silverpv wrote:I'm all for it and hey a fork is a fork. It's backed by a segment of the same community that decided to split off. A loose similarity to how the US was born, (high fee's, don't listen - no taxation w.o representation). lol So the brand equity comes from the communities that support them. You could look at all the other failed btc forks and ask why that didn't work out. Yes, it did come from grassroots demand. One person decided to take the lead, not unlike Satoshi himself. Adam Back will tell you bitcoin is really hashcash with i forget, of what he invented. It's not stolen, it just separated.

You don't have to support it. I think its overvalued right now due to tx volume but do think its good for global currency. I do like ETH but want to save that. I get paid in ETH now. :D woohoo! It's just a separate community. Otherwise people would've sold out and it would've gone to $0. It's ok people don't like Bitcoin Cash. I have the same folio minus QRL, your QRL is my EVX. lol We both hope for NEO.

Building apps for people to use though, ETH with too many tokens is not good. BTC is not fungible enough anymore. So globally, I think BCH or LTC fits the bill. I'm planning on rebuilding my inventory app to support eth/bch/ltc/btc/neo . and working on my wallet viewer app which is why I've been away. I think the next killer app is making global commerce easier. ETH could work, but token transfer fees are high $0.35c+ straight eth is $0.08c+. BCH and LTC are the only ones with lower fees AND the wide reach. LTC only recently gaining more ground.


If low fees are your goal, DogeCoin is the answer. Lowest fees I've ever seen. There is probably some new crypto with even lower fees, but that is just one aspect of the coin. I agree on the next killer app needs to be something amazing, but I'm not sure if making global commerce easier is it - unless it is something like eBay for blockchain (or better).

Getting back to these bitcoin forks and stolen brand identity though: Bitcoin Gold just created a mess by endorsing a wallet on their official website that was a scam. The author of this wallet was also designated as a developer on their Slack channel. This is the kind of stuff that scares away new adopters. I know scams exist and we all need to be careful, but these bitcoin forks are just showing off the amateur hour level of being ready as global players with these kind of mistakes. I sold my BTG on Bittrex as soon as I got it.

Scam: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-scam-nets-3-million-illicit-earnings/



Doge doesn't have the same adoption, so it's not just fees it's also awareness. Btg was an obvious one, but also not a portion of the community like bitcoin cash. These are still people that evangelized bitcoin early on and not a money grab. Similar to how Vitalik left to start ethereum because he knew how core was. Anyways, amazing progress by both in the space. I think both will be good. Btc morphs into digital gold and BCH takes its place as actual currency that most people became accustomed to. Nothing wrong with that.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 03, 2017

Roger Ver is the face of Bitcoin Cash. This wasn't pretty. He "rage quits" at the 44 minute mark. There is an apology at the end of this video too - where he then threatens to sue the guy :roll: (not part of the original interview though).

Rage Quit.png
Rage Quit.png (766 KiB) Viewed 1051 times


Image

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

Lets resurrect BCH. Wonder how those pumper and dumpers feel now. :D The above pic of Roger Ver says it all. :grinch:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby Silversummit » Tue Dec 19, 2017

texmex66 wrote:Lets resurrect BCH. Wonder how those pumper and dumpers feel now. :D The above pic of Roger Ver says it all. :grinch:


Have to pump it up to absorb all the sells in January if coinbase releases customers b-cash.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby Silversummit » Tue Dec 19, 2017

Gdax is now trading b-cash

Dear GDAX Customer,

We’re happy to announce that Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is now listed and available for trading on GDAX. We made this decision by considering such factors as customer interest, developer support, network security, market capitalization, trading volume, and our Digital Asset Framework. You can read more about Bitcoin Cash on our FAQ page.

The following order books have been created and will remain in post-only mode until there is sufficient liquidity for trading:

BCH–BTC

BCH–USD

BCH–EUR

Bitcoin Cash was created by a fork of the Bitcoin network on August 1st, 2017. All customers who held a bitcoin (BTC) balance on GDAX at the time of the fork have been credited an equal balance of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) in their GDAX account. Your BCH balance will reflect your BTC balance at the time of the Bitcoin Cash fork, which occurred on August 1, 2017 at 13:20 UTC (block #478559). You can read more about what a bitcoin fork is here and our previous update on Bitcoin Cash here.

Thank you,

The GDAX Team

You're receiving this update because you have an open GDAX account.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

Silversummit wrote:
texmex66 wrote:Lets resurrect BCH. Wonder how those pumper and dumpers feel now. :D The above pic of Roger Ver says it all. :grinch:


Have to pump it up to absorb all the sells in January if coinbase releases customers b-cash.


Wonder what the price will be before then? :D

They will feel like the ones who sold at the lows on the last dump. :grinch:

Silversummit
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby Silversummit » Tue Dec 19, 2017

I'll trade it to increase my bitcoin holdings but it's not a hold for me.
Get $10 in bitcoin when you spend $100 with the link below.
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593f314703c4930098573eed

save 10% on all trade fee's for 6 months at gate exchange.
https://gate.io/signup/955279

binance
https://www.binance.com/?ref=13221361
thank you to any who use these links as I get referral bonuses also :thumbup:

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

Other cyptos selling off and moving into BCH?

:grinch:

User avatar
eekAmouse
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby eekAmouse » Tue Dec 19, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Coinbase updated policy on Bitcoin Cash:

.....

We are planning to have support for bitcoin cash by January 1, 2018,
Thank you,

Coinbase Team

:pop:

I didn't see any other place to put this.

I don't have much in the way of crypto, but was happy to see access to BCH through my coinbase app today. Now the question is what to do with it.

I have some BTC, and eth. I was planning on some alt coins for '18 but no solid plans yet. :duck:
Looking for Yps Silver Slacker skull #77 I have your replacement skull ready to ship along with something for your troubles $
ImageImage

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

$8500 on Coinbase.

:grinch:

User avatar
bigjohn
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015
Location: Western Washington

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby bigjohn » Tue Dec 19, 2017

WTF!!
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

bigjohn wrote:WTF!!


Would the real Bitcoin please stand up. :D

User avatar
bigjohn
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 4511
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015
Location: Western Washington

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby bigjohn » Tue Dec 19, 2017

texmex66 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:WTF!!


Would the real Bitcoin please stand up. :D

I haven’t been following but is that really the consensus? I kinda thought that it was just some copycat without much of a purpose
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

User avatar
texmex66
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

bigjohn wrote:
texmex66 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:WTF!!


Would the real Bitcoin please stand up. :D

I haven’t been following but is that really the consensus? I kinda thought that it was just some copycat without much of a purpose


Arbitrage opportunity? Other exchanges not showing $8500. CMC shows $3500+.

No one truely knows the real bitcoin. It will be the one the people choose. Not what we think it should be

:grinch:

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby Silversaving » Tue Dec 19, 2017

another crazy night in crypto. Seems almost every night is anymore. Still holding my bitcoin cash. Mostly because "it works"
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

User avatar
HustliN
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby HustliN » Wed Dec 20, 2017

BCC fan here. HODLING!
loaded up past week.... who would of knew would get up this fast!!
5-8K end of month I see

User avatar
HustliN
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin Cash Poll

Postby HustliN » Wed Dec 20, 2017

can some explain why all the hate for BCC? I can see some people dont like Roger Ver.
but other than that... the coin is legit??


Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests