Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Jan 06, 2018

SilverKing wrote:Great way to start the year. QRL shows a lot of long-term promise.
https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistan ... 78963d035e

I remember looking at this and couldn't (or wouldn't) get past page 3 of the white paper. I'm trying to sell out some of my BCH, maybe I'll add some QRL. Thanks for the link.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 06, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:
SilverKing wrote:Great way to start the year. QRL shows a lot of long-term promise.
https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistan ... 78963d035e

I remember looking at this and couldn't (or wouldn't) get past page 3 of the white paper. I'm trying to sell out some of my BCH, maybe I'll add some QRL. Thanks for the link.

The absolute best buying opportunity will happen between now and a week prior to MainNet. MainNet is tentatively scheduled for mid Q1 2018 (so sometime in February). We might be able to dip to (below?) 10k sats, and that might get you the best bang for your buck if you can time it right on Bittrex.

The team is basically saving all education/marketing push for post-MainNet. When you couple that with Bittrex isn't accepting new users, there is a limited growth potential until MainNet launch, and after which there will be a push for other exchanges and more marketing.

EDIT: 16JAN18 - looks like I was wrong about this. I doubt we see under 10k sats again before MainNet unless BTC has a massive bull run between now and then.
Last edited by SilverDoge on Tue Jan 16, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Gus Chiggins
Platinum Proof Supporter

Postby Gus Chiggins » Sat Jan 06, 2018

Fantastic. Thought I signed up for Bittrex awhile back, but I didn't. What are my options as far as exchanges go? I know I have to trade btc or eth for it.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 06, 2018

Gus Chiggins wrote:Fantastic. Thought I signed up for Bittrex awhile back, but I didn't. What are my options as far as exchanges go? I know I have to trade btc or eth for it.

Currently on Liqui as well. http://liqui.io/ but this isn't the best exchange and I couldn't even get it to fully load when I just tried to bring it up.

If you want some QRL and don't have a Bittrex account, PM me and I may be able to help for now.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jan 08, 2018

QRL update:

Sometimes I hear the objection that any other crypto project can simply easily upgrade to be quantum secure if necessary down the road. Here is an excellent commentary on why this is not an easy task and even if that crypto coin could do it, legacy coins will still be unsecure and hackable:
https://www.reddit.com/r/QRL/comments/7eqwz3/welcome_to_the_quantum_resistant_ledger_the_first/dq6vxj7/

Then we have an article recently talking about Japan

The Japanese government has plans to invest in a space-based security system to keep its secrets safe. The system which is considered virtually unhackable uses quantum cryptography communication. Security is on high alert in the region as North Korea continues to make threats of nuclear action against its neighbors and the US. According to local media, the Japanese Government has plans to test the proposed quantum cryptography system in the year 2022 and have the system in full operation by 2027.

https://interestingengineering.com/japan-plans-to-use-quantum-cryptography-to-secure-private-communications

If only they knew that in a month or two, they could have a secure messaging layer with blockchain technology in QRL. No need to wait until 2027!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 09, 2018

In the last 48 hours I've helped 3 different people get some QRL. Congrats to all our holders out there as we have eclipsed the $3 mark. Getting prepared for a ramp-up to MainNet launch in Q1 2018. Looking solid.

3 bucks.png
3 bucks.png (59.26 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

Gus Chiggins
Platinum Proof Supporter

Postby Gus Chiggins » Tue Jan 09, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Sometimes I hear the objection that any other crypto project can simply easily upgrade to be quantum secure if necessary down the road. Here is an excellent commentary on why this is not an easy task and even if that crypto coin could do it, legacy coins will still be unsecure and hackable:
https://www.reddit.com/r/QRL/comments/7eqwz3/welcome_to_the_quantum_resistant_ledger_the_first/dq6vxj7/

I had thought the same thing before investigating.

Solid info here for anyone exploring QRL. Thank you.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Jan 09, 2018

i was just thinking of this one too..

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 09, 2018

There is also this Bloomberg reporter that just tweeted she wants to speak with our QRL founder Peter. The team keeps such a low profile pre-MainNet launch that this sort of thing doesn't happen too often as the team isn't soliciting reporters and such. Looks positive to me though.

Bloomberg.png
Bloomberg.png (161.27 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Fri Jan 12, 2018

Intel just revealed their first Quantum CPU prototype at CES 2018! :shock:

Interesting quote at the 2:00 mark - "Once they get to 100 cubits they will be able to break, through brute force alone, existing encryption schemes."

Good timing, hopefully QRL can make mention of this at all of their upcoming conference presentations.

Gus Chiggins
Platinum Proof Supporter

Postby Gus Chiggins » Fri Jan 12, 2018

Aww sh-t! it is ON!!!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jan 14, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:QRL update:

Sometimes I hear the objection that any other crypto project can simply easily upgrade to be quantum secure if necessary down the road. Here is an excellent commentary on why this is not an easy task and even if that crypto coin could do it, legacy coins will still be unsecure and hackable:

Along the same lines of projects "upgrading" to quantum resistance, there are also crypto projects claiming quantum resistance already which may or may not be true. Most of these claims are "future" claims, but others are just fantasy or marketing claims. The QRL team can't be tasked with looking into the codebase of every new crypto claiming to be quantum resistant.

Here is a decent heuristic when evaluating the Quantum Resistance of various projects that a QRL mod likes to use.
1. Are they currently quantum resistant? (Can answer yes to this if question 1A = NO, and 1b, 1c, 1d = ALL YES)
- 1a. Do they use ECDSA? (If yes, they are NOT QC-secure)
- 1b. Do they use peer-reviewed Quantum Resistant Cryptography?
- 1c. Is it in the codebase?
- 1d. Have they been externally audited for quantum resistance?
2. Are they serious about quantum resistance or is it just marketing jazz?
- 2a. Do they discuss at length about what they're going to do to achieve quantum resistance? (beyond 3 paragraphs in a whitepaper)
- 2b. Do they have a codebase with a Quantum Resistant code in it?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 16, 2018

QRL is about 5-6 weeks away from MainNet (my estimate of mid-Q1 target launch date). I think we are seeing renewed interest from Korea, as the UpBit exchange now accounts for over 20% of trading according to CMC. Not sure who is marketing QRL in Korea because the QRL team is not. Positive outlook there.

There is a 30 BTC sell wall at 30k sats. That is going to get eaten or pulled before MainNet launch (IMHO). QRL is still not back in the top 100 on CMC yet, and is having a good little run during this BTC lull. The QRL team is saving nearly all marketing until after launch, so all this activity we see is grass roots stuff. I can't wait for us to be listed on an exchange that actually accepts new customers too. Bittrex is going on 50 days of not accepting new traders. Shame.

EDIT: Not even 20 minutes after I posted this, about several thousand QRL into that 30 BTC sell wall, it got pulled. QRL just bumped up over 30k sats. What a day.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jan 16, 2018

joefro wrote:Intel just revealed their first Quantum CPU prototype at CES 2018! :shock:

Interesting quote at the 2:00 mark - "Once they get to 100 cubits they will be able to break, through brute force alone, existing encryption schemes."

Good timing, hopefully QRL can make mention of this at all of their upcoming conference presentations.

That's a serious claim. I'm gonna buy some QRL for a long term hold.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Bucketeer wrote:That's a serious claim. I'm gonna buy some QRL for a long term hold.

Good call. The resident bear can change the whole market based on his sentiment!
Green QRL.png
Green QRL.png (62.27 KiB) Viewed 1500 times

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 16, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:EDIT: Not even 20 minutes after I posted this, about several thousand QRL into that 30 BTC sell wall, it got pulled. QRL just bumped up over 30k sats. What a day.

The whale saw the market crash coming. After the initial surge when the wall was pulled, QRL dropped from$4.17 to $2.86. But now recovering nicely. Unlike almost every other crypto, QRL is showing a 24-hour gain.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

On a sea of red, QRL shines. The odd thing is that I still have no idea why QRL is up so much today. There was no news, no announcement, no special release, no partnership, nothing. Just another day on the market. And for whatever reason, people are beginning to realize what we've seen all along. Future security is going to matter! This is the front page of Bittrex right now. And even NEO gets some love with top volume!
Bittrex Front Page.png
Bittrex Front Page.png (148.21 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

SilverKing

Postby SilverKing » Tue Jan 16, 2018

joefro wrote:Intel just revealed their first Quantum CPU prototype at CES 2018! :shock:

The future of Quantum computing is just around the corner. I am excited to see how QRL takes the bumps in the road ahead.
Mathematics is the music of reason.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 17, 2018

If the internet has taught us anything, it is that random internet straw polls totally hold up and check out 8-)

https://strawpoll.de/3e111xx

QRL: more potential than Ripple, Cardano, and even Bitcoin? for 2018...
Internet Poll.png
Internet Poll.png (82 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

Southpaw
Gold Supporter

Postby Southpaw » Fri Jan 19, 2018

Looks like Silverdoge fix for PoW branch is finishing up :wave:

Friday's $QRL Update:
- Finishing travis fixes for PoW branch
- Ledger Nano S: Proof of concept for XMSS was successful
- Facelift incoming for BlockExplorer
#Cryptocurrency #Update #Blockchain #DevUpdate #QRL

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”