Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin Quantum Resistance Ledger (QRL)

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jan 19, 2018

Southpaw wrote:Looks like Silverdoge fix for PoW branch is finishing up :wave:

Friday's $QRL Update:
- Finishing travis fixes for PoW branch
- Ledger Nano S: Proof of concept for XMSS was successful
- Facelift incoming for BlockExplorer
#Cryptocurrency #Update #Blockchain #DevUpdate #QRL

Didn't even know I was broken! :shifty:

(this was posted on the QRL twitter for anyone wondering)

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Fri Jan 19, 2018

I keep reading about more and more competition in the quantum-resistant space.

Here's an ICO coming out, with a roadmap to be live by the end of this year. Several others I have read about as well, whether they are full of crap who knows.

https://quantum1net.com/

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Jan 19, 2018

joefro wrote:I keep reading about more and more competition in the quantum-resistant space.

Here's an ICO coming out, with a roadmap to be live by the end of this year. Several others I have read about as well, whether they are full of crap who knows.

What is Quatum? Or is a typo?

quatum.jpg
quatum.jpg (78.58 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jan 19, 2018

joefro wrote:I keep reading about more and more competition in the quantum-resistant space.

There was some scam ICO that just copied the QRL white paper and tried to raise funds as well. Didn't pan out.

Not sure about this one. I'll have to check it out. First mover advantage will be nice for QRL.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jan 21, 2018

A decent market analysis take on QRL from a few days ago. Someone in the comments rightly pointed out: you should know NXS only uses slightly longer keys they are not quantum resistant.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 23, 2018

A new book is out called The Quantum Spy which is a digital arms-race thriller. Likely one of those futuristic books that gives us a glimpse of the future while being "fiction" today. Here is a quick summary from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/29/the-guardian-view-on-quantum-computing-the-new-space-race?utm_content=buffer298a2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

QRL team updates. 2 new hires. Luke Hahn came on board 2 weeks ago and will be handling much of the UI/UX work moving forward, including (but not limited to) helping the team revamp the website.

Adem Bilican was hired today. He heralds from Switzerland and will be handling mobile apps.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jan 26, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:If the internet has taught us anything, it is that random internet straw polls totally hold up and check out 8-)

https://strawpoll.de/3e111xx

QRL: more potential than Ripple, Cardano, and even Bitcoin? for 2018...
Internet Poll.png

Somehow QRL moved to the #1 position on this. I only voted twice :shh:
QRL at 1.png
QRL at 1.png (76 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 27, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Somehow QRL moved to the #1 position on this. I only voted twice :shh:
QRL at 1.png

Here is how legit the QRL team is. They won't even post the results of this poll to the official QRL twitter account because they don't want to hype the project, and are aware that even though the poll restricts votes to one per IP address, they realize it can be easily manipulated and therefore is not scientific. Therefore, no official publicity. I respect this decision completely... even though I would kinda like to see them post it anyway. :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jan 29, 2018

QRL Proof of Work (PoW) BetaNet is live. They aren't calling it a TestNet because it has been tested quite a bit already. It appears that the team is on schedule for a Q1 MainNet launch now. The question is will it be in February or March?

Also ledger wallet feasibility has been confirmed.

If you want to see the GitHub or TestNet instructions, see here: https://github.com/theQRL/QRL

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Feb 03, 2018

Great article from Natalie Fratto in Fortune. Our QRL experts saw the article and sent her a reply tweet.

http://fortune.com/2018/01/31/commentary-this-new-technology-will-crack-the-blockchain-like-an-egg/

Quantum future.png
Quantum future.png (412.55 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Some choice quotes from a good article: https://thenextweb.com/artificial-intelligence/2018/02/06/heres-why-100-qubit-quantum-computers-could-change-everything/

Quantum brute-force would, theoretically, make classical encryption obsolete.

In May of 2016 a physicist and associate writer for Ars Technica, Chris Lee, reported on IBMs then newly announced 5 qubit system.

Then just 12 months later IBM unveiled a 17 qubit system.

If quantum computing technology (in general) followed Moore’s Law – an observation that CPUs for classical computers tend to double in power every 18-24 months – we should expect a 30 or 40 qubit system next year.

Only, IBM created a working 50 qubit system last year too. In fact, the company rolled it out at CES last month and showed it off to the world.

Realistically, a functional 100 qubit system could be announced before you finish reading this sentence. At 100 qubits a single quantum computer processor would, theoretically, be more powerful than all the supercomputers on the planet combined.

So in 20 months we went from a 5 Qubit to a 50 Qubit super computer. And that is just the ones that are made public. QRL team has estimated that blockchain signatures could be cracked with somewhere in the range of 1,000 - 5,000 Qubits. While that seems "far off" what if the range is actually down to 200 Qubits instead of 1,000, and what if we get there sooner than we think.

MainNet launch can't come soon enough. Expected for Q1 2018. Let's get ready for the party.

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Wed Feb 07, 2018

So do I need to buy qrl? :)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Preludedude wrote:So do I need to buy qrl? :)

That has been my conclusion since I first started researching encryption. While many projects want to be QC-safe (quantum computing-safe) one day, like NEO, ADA and others, the real key for a 100% safe and solid blockchain is to be QC safe from genesis (the start). That way no old coin is even subject to being hacked. I realize that the projects that have already launched don't have this luxury, and it is a risk they will have to deal with in the future, but QRL set out with the single goal of being quantum safe first, and adding all other cool blockchain features as secondary aspects. The issue is that winternitz+ OTS (one time signatures) using XMSS takes up much more space on a blockchain than other signature schemes so the chain will have dynamic block sizing.

QRL & NEO are my two largest holdings so take all my advice with that in mind as well.

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Wed Feb 07, 2018

And of course, it's not on the multiple exchanges I'm already registered with....

And why is bittrex still not taking new users? Geez, it's been since December...

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Fri Feb 16, 2018

Boy QRL has been tight lipped like no other!
What are they going to do? Kick off their mainnet and THEN announce "we did it!"
ImageImage

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Feb 16, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:On a sea of red, QRL shines. The odd thing is that I still have no idea why QRL is up so much today. There was no news, no announcement, no special release, no partnership, nothing. Just another day on the market. And for whatever reason, people are beginning to realize what we've seen all along. Future security is going to matter!

This day, Jan. 16, saw the peak of QRL's price and volume on CoinMarketCap. I don't know if there was ever an explanation (that Travis missed? I think not!) for this massive pump and subsequent dump. Now QRL is barely in CMC's top 200 and the price is 1/3 of the Jan. 16 spike. So in mid January did a lot of people realize that QRL owners can thumb their noses at future hackers with quantum computers... and then suddenly stopped caring? I suspect the people involved in that pump never cared in the first place. It was just QRL's turn for a P&D. The smaller the volume, the easier it is to execute, and the people who buy just before the pumpers dump are hung out to dry.

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Fri Feb 16, 2018

Long John wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:On a sea of red, QRL shines. The odd thing is that I still have no idea why QRL is up so much today. There was no news, no announcement, no special release, no partnership, nothing. Just another day on the market. And for whatever reason, people are beginning to realize what we've seen all along. Future security is going to matter!

This day, Jan. 16, saw the peak of QRL's price and volume on CoinMarketCap. I don't know if there was ever an explanation (that Travis missed? I think not!) for this massive pump and subsequent dump. Now QRL is barely in CMC's top 200 and the price is 1/3 of the Jan. 16 spike. So in mid January did a lot of people realize that QRL owners can thumb their noses at future hackers with quantum computers... and then suddenly stopped caring? I suspect the people involved in that pump never cared in the first place. It was just QRL's turn for a P&D. The smaller the volume, the easier it is to execute, and the people who buy just before the pumpers dump are hung out to dry.

I don't know. I think the low exposure due to being on so few exchanges keeps it lower. People who have access to those exchanges my have bought all that they want to hold. This is as "mid Q1" as it gets but no news about the mainnet. However that does help keep the pump and dump to a minimum.
ImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Feb 19, 2018

QRL blog post update recently released:

https://medium.com/the-quantum-resistant-ledger/the-final-countdown-mainnet-progress-update-e8c6a4597525

The countdown to mainnet begins!
We have entered the final weeks of development with only a few more things left. So without further ado, here’s the to do:
- Token migration web app (complete!)
- Completion of website refresh (designed!)
- QRL Address to new address format (on devnet, live testnet 21st February)
- Ledger Nano S WebWallet integration (in progress)
- Mining API and Pool integration (basic functionality achieved)
- Code freeze/internal review (pending final hard fork stability)
- Token Migration
- External audit

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Mon Feb 19, 2018

Does QRL have a rate of return on it's POS and if so what is it?
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Feb 19, 2018

Brick's wrote:Does QRL have a rate of return on it's POS and if so what is it?

PoS is scheduled for Q3 2018. The inflation schedule is low compared to many other coins, but there is a reasonable return if you are holding enough QRL.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”