Alt-Coin PIVX

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coin PIVX

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Aug 08, 2017

Mandatory wallet upgrade for anyone running v2.2.1 or older. See info here:

https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-wallet-2-3-0-release/1742

EDIT: I successfully upgraded to the new wallet without issue. Remember to back up your wallet.dat file first, and then close your wallet before installing the new version.

SoaringEagle

Postby SoaringEagle » Sat Aug 26, 2017

Nice pop right now at $3+

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Aug 26, 2017

We can thank Bitcoin for the dollar amount. It would have taken 0.0020 BTC to be equal to $3.00 not too long ago; now 0.0007 will do it. But PIVX has bounced back nicely to be worth 0.0007 Bitcoin, I think it was below 0.0005 recently. Keep it up!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Aug 31, 2017

Masternode count back up in the high 1700's level.

Snappy does an interview with a PIVX developer:

AuAgJohn
Gold Supporter

Postby AuAgJohn » Fri Sep 01, 2017

Just hit $4.12.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Sep 01, 2017

AuAgJohn wrote:Just hit $4.12.

Time to make some money! :clap:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Sep 01, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
AuAgJohn wrote:Just hit $4.12.

Time to make some money! :clap:

Sound advice. You can't stay married to anything if the conditions are right. Yet I'm keeping a small stash for the long run. Who knows, it may be a top-ten, $25 coin someday.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Sep 06, 2017

Back over $4 again. At this price, if you sell 3 PIV, you can buy 1 QTUM. Not bad, considering it would have taken 6-8 PIV not that long ago.

AuAgJohn
Gold Supporter

Postby AuAgJohn » Mon Oct 09, 2017

There is a mandatory wallet upgrade to 3.0.0. Anyone know how this will effect staking? On the github page it states "The PIVX wallet is set to convert 10% of the wallets available PIV to zPIV automatically." So 10% will be converted whether or not I want it and I'll have to convert back?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 03, 2017

PIVX over $5 now. :clap:

This was my first big alt-coin move after getting frustrated with bitcon's transaction speeds. For anybody who got in at $0.50 back in the day, that is now a ten-bagger.

Only slightly behind bitcoin's performance. :shh:

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Dec 03, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:PIVX is junk - get out while you still can.

Seems like an appropriate moment to quote this from earlier this year. :lol:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Dec 06, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:Let me address a few of the things I raised today about the "short arguments". It is directed primarily for master node operators.

The issue I raised about the PIVX dev and staff. Nobody "knows" who they are. Most of them have not provided identifiable names. I really consider this to be troubling for a master node operator, because:

1) You have either contracted or agreed to process unknown financial transactions for the unknown operators of a unknown network, on behalf of their unknown customers. Does that sound like a reasonable activity to engage in?

2) The PIVX network and the master mode members are probably not compliant with AML/KLC. Master node operators could very well require money transmitter licenses.

3) Jason Seibert is a securities lawyer with a lot of experience in crypto. He is a smart guy and really funny. Here is a link to a video he made last week with a member of the DASH team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLevzdg0bs

This gets really interesting at 23 minutes. Pay special attention beginning at 29 minutes, when he states how a court would subpoena the master node operators. Be sure to watch the entire video. This all applies to PIVX, too.

I really HATE to admit this, but our resident bear may have been on to something in this post.

Here is language from Senate bill: S.1241 - Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017
SEC. 13. PREPAID ACCESS DEVICES, DIGITAL CURRENCIES, OR OTHER SIMILAR INSTRUMENTS.
(a) In General.—Section 5312(a) of title 31, United States Code, is amended—

(1) in paragraph (2)(K)—

(A) by inserting “prepaid access devices, digital currency,” after “money orders,”; and

(B) by inserting before the semicolon at the end the following: “, or any digital exchanger or tumbler of digital currency”;

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text

This seriously chaps my backside. Why? Because bitcoin and crypto have been deemed property (commodity) by the IRS. http://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/news/12380583/the-classification-of-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency-by-the-irs

They did this because they don't want to label bitcoin a currency - something that competes against the USD. So they label it property for taxing purposes to collect as much as possible. But then when it "acts" like a currency they will redefine it to call people money transmitters who need licenses. I have heard of people being arrested for transacting LARGE amounts of bitcoin face-to-face over LocalBitcoins.com based on these money transmitter or AML laws. I would go right to court with the IRS definition of bitcoin though to fight those charges. If I were buying or selling any other property like art, gym equipment, bicycle parts - over Craigslist - I don't need a money transmitter license. It is property. So the government wants to treat it like money when it is convenient to arrest someone, but like property for taxing purposes.

The war is on. A Dash or PIVX masternode may be at risk in the future based on this law. We won't know until some judge makes a ruling on it in court. Luckily non-MN coins do not have this same problem. :evil:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Dec 12, 2017

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Sat Dec 16, 2017

PIVX just about touched $7 on Bittrex a few hours ago, now holding a little over $6. I sold 15% of my PIVX back into BTC to balance out my cryptofolio a little better. This is the first time I have sold an alt back into BTC. Seems appropriate that it was PIVX since this thread is what finally prompted me to start experimenting with crypto and PIVX was the first alt I bought.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Dec 16, 2017

$7.00 ? No sh*t? Wow. :clap: It was my first alt, as well.

quitquit

Postby quitquit » Sat Dec 16, 2017

verge is better.
I accept cash, check/mo, zelle, bank of america transfer, chase quickpay, wells fargo surepay, popmoney, bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin

join mr.rebates for great deals including 1% cashback at ebay! use this link for my referral

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=368229

Get $10 if you buy or sell bitcoin, ethereum, or litecoin here
https://www.coinbase.com/join/58acf90fb33c48007f8ebb27

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Dec 16, 2017

quitquit wrote:verge is better.

Sell me.

quitquit

Postby quitquit » Sat Dec 16, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

Sell me.

822% return in 7 days. 264% in the last 24 hrs. buy it because its going up
I accept cash, check/mo, zelle, bank of america transfer, chase quickpay, wells fargo surepay, popmoney, bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin

join mr.rebates for great deals including 1% cashback at ebay! use this link for my referral

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=368229

Get $10 if you buy or sell bitcoin, ethereum, or litecoin here
https://www.coinbase.com/join/58acf90fb33c48007f8ebb27

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Dec 16, 2017

Is there anything else besides it went up? We seek to be educated.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 17, 2017

quitquit wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

Sell me.

822% return in 7 days. 264% in the last 24 hrs. buy it because its going up

A swing and a miss. You can do better than that. By your standards BitConnect is a raging success, but it is an open-secret ponzi scheme. PIVX has had organic slow growth without the big pumps because they grow the community, coin features, and marketing at a respectable pace. Verge is a pump machine but I don't know why. Is that sustainable for long term holders? A person can make money in anything, but if you get trapped, and you end up holding a big bag, usually it is best to be holding a quality project. So, is it?

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”