Alt-Coins

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins (AML Bitcoin) Keeping Your Biometrics on Blockchain

Postby Silverkid » Sun Feb 18, 2018

Brick's wrote:Going down the rabbit hole for Hill Top Security (Launching a biometric platform for all cryptocurrencies and a highly secure platform for mining industry and PM traders) and while looking at biometrics for cryptocurrencies I came across AML (anti money laundering) Bitcoin (ABTC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0z3tZPDV4M

I can see where some will want this coin in order to be compliant with all the government regulations but once they activate all the features of the coin (going from token to coin,) holders will be required to set up a certified digital identify profile to receive the upgraded coin:

1) Show two forms of government ID (i.e. drivers license, passport).

2) Provide biometric scan of face, iris, fingerprint.

3) You are now compliant with AML, CFT, AFF, OFAC, BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, FACT and others.

At least that's how I read their white paper.

Ummmmmmm

fluff that
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby Long John » Sun Feb 18, 2018

Not going down that rabbit hole. Unless they'd be satisfied with my Price Chopper discount card and a biometric scan of my butt.

Operadad

Postby Operadad » Sun Feb 18, 2018

that would be considered illegal in most juristictions

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Feb 20, 2018

Fortune: U.S. Warns Investors to Avoid Venezuela's 'Petro' Cryptocurrency

http://fortune.com/2018/01/16/venezuela-petro-cryptocurrency-treasury/
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Feb 20, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Here is a report from BitMex on the "crypto" coin called Ripple. Oddly it is in most exchanges' best interest to say only positive things about the cryptos that they offer for buy/selling, but here we see BitMex lay down the gauntlet:
https://blog.bitmex.com/the-ripple-story/

I bought Ripple today. I think it is cheap, tho I wish I had bought it at 17 cents when I first kicked the tires. I know most people think it is a bank coin, and it is not decentralized. I don't disagree.

Ripple has agreements with American Express and MoneyGram. I see that as a big positive for Ripple.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Tue Feb 20, 2018

After one-time action movie star Steven Seagal was blacklisted from Ukraine and became a devout Buddhist but also pitchman for Russian arms manufacturers, he’s now found his next venture: shilling for a cryptocurrency...

https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/a34 ... tcoiin2gen
"LiteCoin, the original shitcoin" - Fabio 2018

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Feb 21, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:Here is a report from BitMex on the "crypto" coin called Ripple. Oddly it is in most exchanges' best interest to say only positive things about the cryptos that they offer for buy/selling, but here we see BitMex lay down the gauntlet:
https://blog.bitmex.com/the-ripple-story/

I bought Ripple today. I think it is cheap, tho I wish I had bought it at 17 cents when I first kicked the tires. I know most people think it is a bank coin, and it is not decentralized. I don't disagree.

Ripple has agreements with American Express and MoneyGram. I see that as a big positive for Ripple.

Congratulations on gifting your hard earned bitcoin to a centralized entity, that in the future might attempt to crash bitcoin by selling it all to further their true cause: keep the banks in power. Most who buy it are clueless about what it really is and only get into it for profits. To know what it is all about, and still buy in, is perplexing for someone educated in this space for years. Disappointing.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Feb 21, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Congratulations on gifting your hard earned bitcoin to a centralized entity, that in the future might attempt to crash bitcoin by selling it all to further their true cause: keep the banks in power. Most who buy it are clueless about what it really is and only get into it for profits. To know what it is all about, and still buy in, is perplexing for someone educated in this space for years. Disappointing.

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the Treasury Department and the IRS. After all, it is a voluntary system.

On a more serious note, I didn't think I'd earn your seal of approval with that move. It's not going to be a long-term hold, and it is probably one of the safest plays in this space.

I've got to give you credit Doge, you have gotten me thinking about the role of money center banks and central banking in particular.

I didn't pay with any of my personal Bitcoin, I made a purchase on GDAX to fund the transaction, debiting my checking account.

We've already seen $20K in Bitcoin, so a strong case could be made for $50K by the end of this year.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Feb 22, 2018

Looking at (one of the few cryptos up today) DigixDAO (DGD) where their token represents 1 gram of audited .99 gold (from their website: "Every DGX = 1 Gram of gold"). Currently selling for about $316 U$D. I've got a gram of gold valued at <$43.00 . Am I missing something somewhere??

OK, they have two separate tokens. DGD and DGX. WTF.

So far the only thing I'm liking about these guys are they are located in Singapore.
'
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Mon Feb 26, 2018

My nano is arriving today. Woohoo. It wasn't supposed to ship from the manufacturer until the end of March. now to figure out how the heck to use it.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Feb 27, 2018

YouTube: ICO's Dying but the STRONG will Survive and THRIVE! (Bix Weir)

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Feb 27, 2018

Brick's wrote:So far the only thing I'm liking about these guys are they are located in Singapore.

Singapore and Switzerland are crypto-friendly. Both countries have clearly-written strong regulations, and should be considered as safe-havens for investors.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Wed Mar 07, 2018

What is your opinion on AION https://aion.network/
This coin is rarely mentioned anywhere and just a heads up I bought about 1000 a few weeks back because of a dream. Lol Each His Own Lol but it seems to be holding it's own and moving steadily up. Just thought I would mention it.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Wed Mar 07, 2018

Some big bad news must be coming, everything just took a massive dump!

:pop:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Mar 07, 2018

Fabio wrote:Some big bad news must be coming, everything just took a massive dump!

This is the latest that I saw, Binance halting withdraws. Dudes with bots getting their alts liquidated for BTC perhaps? It triggered some of my BTC buy orders though.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/03/07/binance-temporarily-disables-withdrawals-reports-unauthorized-selling

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Wed Mar 07, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Fabio wrote:Some big bad news must be coming, everything just took a massive dump!

This is the latest that I saw, Binance halting withdraws. Dudes with bots getting their alts liquidated for BTC perhaps? It triggered some of my BTC buy orders though.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/03/07/binance-temporarily-disables-withdrawals-reports-unauthorized-selling

Wouldn't that increase BTC price though? Anyways, I don't think it happened to everyone with API, I had an API on a bot and my account, thankfully, wasn't affected. Just disabled the trading feature on the API, just in case.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Mar 07, 2018

Bitcoin just tanked below $10,000 after SEC says crypto exchanges must register with agency

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/bitcoin ... gency.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Wed Mar 07, 2018

Some users who also using API tools like trading bots and other things have reported their Binance accounts were hacked and their coins sold off. These two pieces of news combined are causing the dip today I am pretty sure.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Mar 07, 2018

joefro wrote:Some users who also using API tools like trading bots and other things have reported their Binance accounts were hacked and their coins sold off. These two pieces of news combined are causing the dip today I am pretty sure.

Might be a combination of two things.. api and phished. Theres rumors of malware bot but also instances of people not using bots. I have the api on and my funds are still there. I think Fabio is also a custom bot. It's the guys who bought a bot that might've got screwed or tried to get a "free" trading bot. Phished sites might've held on for awhile from previous compromised accounts 2FA can be defeated if you enter enough keys. The last possibility is system compromise in binance, but all of us would've been affected.

Looks bad, but a few of my limit sells triggered, very clever maneuver by the hacker/s. By doing this you don't know who hacked and its all kept internally in the system.

My thought is they got this tactic from the recent nem hack. After XEM was hacked $400=$500M at the time, they decided to tag the accounts that got these coins. What ended up happening was the hacker started sending compromised funds ($100) to random accounts on the address list which made the tag useless. By doing this inside binance through other coins and pumping and dumping several it mixes with the general population. very clever.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Mar 07, 2018

Apparently according to Vitalik, co-founder of Ethereum, cryptos are all intrinsically worthless and we should all buy silver instead. Ok, not really. But according to Chris Duane, that is what he took away from a single Vitalik tweet telling people not to invest more money into crypto than they can afford to lose (good advice), and that cryptos can crash very hard to "near-zero" (also true). As a believer in both PMs and crypto, it is a bit painful listening to Duane's know-it-all attitude.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”