Alt-Coins

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 23, 2018

silverpv wrote:
Long John wrote:No, I was asking abut EVX in particular. I didn't know you were reacting to the general crypto market, when I asked the question. I did the same thing about reducing exposure in December. At the time, selling BTC at $17,500 was almost heresy, because who would want to miss $20K?

What are your thoughts on exiting when where how?

Leading up to this point, first I recouped the fiat I had put into crypto, then I cashed out enough to cover some expensive dental work (mere keystrokes and mouse clicks from directly spending crypto). Those actions were when BTC was under $10K. Later I spent 1 BTC on some gold at Provident. Finally last month I cashed out the remainder except for a couple BTC that I had stored offline. I say "cashed out" but I actually kept the cash on GDAX to launch the crypto trading project, since the cash I collected from my partners was slow to move during the holiday week.

Anyway, by Jan. 1 my crypto position was reduced to the offline HODL wallet (which I've been adding to during these deep dips) and my $5K stake in the trading project. Moving forward, of course the $5K is locked in for the year. No exit there! As for the HODL wallet, well, HODL doesn't mean until I die (to me). If Bitcoin returns to its previous dizzying heights, I may well take some profit there. I don't have a specific target in mind. I have a general idea that I want to keep at least 1 or 2 BTC for the long haul.

Before Bitcoin turned on the afterburners last summer, I consolidated most of my alts into BTC. Some of those alts later turned on their afterburners, too. ETH, NEO, others. But BTC's performance was plenty of consolation. Would I do that now? I think so, considering BTC is in bear mode. The market has changed, so 10X in a year is not in the cards, but a return to near $20K is quite possible, even probable to hear some smart people tell it. But first we have to get through a period in which it could fall even farther than it has. I diversified my project's position to include a few alts I feel good about, but if the ratios allow me to turn them into appreciably more BTC than I put into them, I'll do it. Exiting, however, is not an option for the $27K total that's in that project.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Jan 23, 2018

Long John wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Long John wrote:No, I was asking abut EVX in particular. I didn't know you were reacting to the general crypto market, when I asked the question. I did the same thing about reducing exposure in December. At the time, selling BTC at $17,500 was almost heresy, because who would want to miss $20K?

What are your thoughts on exiting when where how?

Leading up to this point, first I recouped the fiat I had put into crypto, then I cashed out enough to cover some expensive dental work (mere keystrokes and mouse clicks from directly spending crypto). Those actions were when BTC was under $10K. Later I spent 1 BTC on some gold at Provident. Finally last month I cashed out the remainder except for a couple BTC that I had stored offline. I say "cashed out" but I actually kept the cash on GDAX to launch the crypto trading project, since the cash I collected from my partners was slow to move during the holiday week.

Anyway, by Jan. 1 my crypto position was reduced to the offline HODL wallet (which I've been adding to during these deep dips) and my $5K stake in the trading project. Moving forward, of course the $5K is locked in for the year. No exit there! As for the HODL wallet, well, HODL doesn't mean until I die (to me). If Bitcoin returns to its previous dizzying heights, I may well take some profit there. I don't have a specific target in mind. I have a general idea that I want to keep at least 1 or 2 BTC for the long haul.

Before Bitcoin turned on the afterburners last summer, I consolidated most of my alts into BTC. Some of those alts later turned on their afterburners, too. ETH, NEO, others. But BTC's performance was plenty of consolation. Would I do that now? I think so, considering BTC is in bear mode. The market has changed, so 10X in a year is not in the cards, but a return to near $20K is quite possible, even probable to hear some smart people tell it. But first we have to get through a period in which it could fall even farther than it has. I diversified my project's position to include a few alts I feel good about, but if the ratios allow me to turn them into appreciably more BTC than I put into them, I'll do it. Exiting, however, is not an option for the $27K total that's in that project.

Solid

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Jan 23, 2018

Anyone own PPT Populous before Nov 4th? Had an airdrop around 3rd of Jan. I didn't know anything about it, just found out. Guidelines below"

To be eligible to claim PXT you must meet the following criteria. 1. You must have been holding PPT before the 4th November. 2. You must have been holding PPT during the airdrop. A claim sheet will be released shortly for those who changed wallets for security reason only".

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Tue Jan 23, 2018

Thought this was a pretty cool link for people getting into alt-coins. It gives a 2-3 sentence summary of the purpose of the top 100 coins.

https://www.upfolio.com/100-coins-explained

anaecoin

Postby anaecoin » Fri Jan 26, 2018

while I was surfing the web I stumbled upon this, good info for those who would like to start on alt-coins and other cryptocurrencies

SHILL LINK REMOVED

By the way, anybody here who could suggest a good digital wallet and exchange? Thanks guys! :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Jan 26, 2018

anaecoin wrote:By the way, anybody here who could suggest a good digital wallet and exchange? Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Check out the crypto beginner's thread for wallet info: http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=28780

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sat Jan 27, 2018

I attended the BlockchainConnect conference in SF. Heavy hitters and got to meet a lot of the people that are now crypto celebs. satoshilite, binance, didn't get to meet Da, but Linda Xie, and a few others. Here's some pics. The best was the keynote by tencent. That is one company I will likely throw some $ in the regular stock market at. Dudes presentation was strong.

There was a lot of discussion about all the usual suspects and the pros don't differ too much from us "regular" people.

Here's some pics from the speakers and who. I didn't waste time in the exhibitor booth. More of the same. I do have to say some of the antics are pretty distasteful, they had strippers or gogo's for one of the coins my friend was saying. The women were a bit annoyed but hey not like miami where the after party was at a strip club. The locker room stuff moving out to main street.

The audience was heavily Chinese and focused on Asian markets and developments. There's a lot happening over there compared to the US. The US in crypto in terms of business applications is considerably behind China in terms of mobile payment systems and the transition of that to blockchain based currency.

Lots of speakers on regulation, ico markets, state of the market, state of buyers and sellers in the market, market demographics etc. If you would like info on a particular in a discussion just ask..

The top rated technology that most panels mentioned was XMR, in terms of the best privacy, the quality of the team and technology. I will definitely be adding it as a result of this conference as well as several high level people are borrowing pieces of technology from them.

NEO didn't get as much time as i would've liked but the three core principles for blockchain to succeed in the "Smart Economy" is ID, Asset Managment, Compliance/Regulation.

Pics

https://imgur.com/a/AOLZC

Neo Commercial for NEO DevCon

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 27, 2018

silverpv wrote:The best was the keynote by tencent. That is one company I will likely throw some $ in the regular stock market at. Dudes presentation was strong.

Tell us more about this Tencent.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Jan 30, 2018

Anyone heard of sweatcoin? Here is an interesting summary from an MSN article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/fitnes ... z#image=14
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

rahbii

Postby rahbii » Tue Jan 30, 2018

thanks for that info silverpv!
Image Image Image
"The early bird gets the worm. But it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese"

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Jan 31, 2018

silverpv wrote:I attended the BlockchainConnect conference in SF.

Totally jell. Ah, to have such freedom to go to conferences at will. I don't even know what questions to ask without sounding lame. But here goes:

So after attending, where would you put your money on the future of Cryptos?

What was the most enlightening insight you gained (Aha moment)?
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

Brick's
Supporter

bigjohn wrote:Anyone heard of sweatcoin?

Looked at the reviews from the google apps store (I'm such a noob, it's the first time I've been there. And yes, it's true I own no apps,) and the major complaints are battery drain, uncounted steps, and payout. Fully 41% are less than stellar (not five stars). They have a lot of bugs to clean up including teaching people that indoor steps do not count.
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jan 31, 2018

Federal court froze Bitconnect's assets. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reincarnated BitconnectX. Their ICO may end up being their legal defense fund.

https://www.coindesk.com/us-court-freez ... its-mount/

Brick's
Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins WAX

Working with young people exposes me to the number that participate in "gaming". I'm looking at WAX and while I'm sure there are other cryptos trying to lead the gaming market I was looking for feedback from those who know better. WAX is currently around $.48 and near as I can tell the low was around $.45 give or take a couple. Was thinking it might be a good buy in price.
- Jack London

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins WAX

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 31, 2018

Brick's wrote:Working with young people exposes me to the number that participate in "gaming". I'm looking at WAX and while I'm sure there are other cryptos trying to lead the gaming market I was looking for feedback from those who know better. WAX is currently around $.48 and near as I can tell the low was around $.45 give or take a couple. Was thinking it might be a good buy in price.

Seems newer. That 4500 sats might be resistance (for now). This is a crowded space in general in crypto so it is hard to say who will be the ultimate victor or best value.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Feb 02, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
silverpv wrote:The best was the keynote by tencent. That is one company I will likely throw some $ in the regular stock market at. Dudes presentation was strong.

If this the "tencent" you are referring to? If so, kinda scary. Black Mirror is one of my favorite Netflix shows because it details how we (society, governments, etc) can use technology for some seriously evil ends, if so inclined. It helps to open your mind to the possible downsides of excellent tech that we should all be aware of and the path that a corrupt government might taking using said technology.
tencent.png
tencent.png (53.58 KiB) Viewed 770 times

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Feb 02, 2018

New smart contract platform that will operate on the XLM Stellar protocol. Team is from South Korea. Just got listed on KuCoin as their first exchange today.

BOS: BOSCoin

I first looked into this one back in May, but missed the ICO. I've kept it on the back radar, and now it is trading.

https://boscoin.io/

They are behind schedule, MainNet launch likely in July timeframe. Haven't started any real marketing yet. Who knows what is in store.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Feb 02, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

If this the "tencent" you are referring to? If so, kinda scary. Black Mirror is one of my favorite Netflix shows because it details how we (society, governments, etc) can use technology for some seriously evil ends, if so inclined. It helps to open your mind to the possible downsides of excellent tech that we should all be aware of and the path that a corrupt government might taking using said technology.
tencent.png

Yes, that is the tencent i'm referring to. They're really hardcore when it comes to implementation for business payments, logistics, and supply chain. Exceptional keynote IMO.

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Sat Feb 03, 2018

thanks silver PV for write. Exciting!! especially in the East of the world.

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Sat Feb 03, 2018

What do you guys and girls know about CNX is this coin a farce? Just found 1000 on my mews wallet
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”