Alt-Coins

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Alt-Coins

Postby Long John » Wed Mar 28, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:You guys crack me up. I started this topic to keep you out of the Bitcoin topic.

Didn't work. But if you're nostalgic for a simpler time when it was just you and a couple other people posting the price of Bitcoin every few days, you could start a new topic and us riff-raff could stay out. Ask any genuine Bitcoin Bull: they're not laughing at alts. They understand the role that alts played in BTC's popularity. What's the first thing an alt-coin buyer must do? Buy Bitcoin.

We're actually a pretty small population of interested parties right now, compared to when BTC was on the moon, and that's only natural. But not as small as before it went there.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Mar 28, 2018

John, you're right. I agree.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Wed Apr 11, 2018

meanwhile ONT is putting a nice little run together. Same with ELF and Verge...finally. Even Neo seems to be catching up
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Apr 17, 2018

Medium: Part A1: Fraudulent data provided on CoinMarketCap distorts entire crypto-currency market perception

https://medium.com/@coinmarketcapped/part-a1-fraudulent-data-provided-on-coinmarketcap-distorts-entire-crypto-currency-market-77e01f067b49

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Apr 20, 2018

Blockchain will be disrupting numerous industires:

trapperrick
Gold Supporter

Postby trapperrick » Fri Apr 20, 2018

silverpv wrote:
Preludedude wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:
silverpv wrote:
trapperrick wrote:Is anyone looking Stellar (XLM) crypto? 
Dirt cheap at 0.18 cents. The most you can lose is 18 cents, :lol:

depends how much you buy!

Another gem in my portfolio that's down 50% :lol:

Down 50 cents for me, which is worse. If I ever make big money from cyptos it's not going to have been "easy money" by any means, HODL'ing through 80% "corrections".

It's easy money if you quit looking at the price daily...

I quit looking at the few altcoins I have. I'll check back in a year. I just hope I don't miss an opportunity to sell some of it, if it spikes....

Set sell limits ahead of time and find a nice chunk of btc or eth when you get back.

Anyobe notice the nice gain that XLM has made over the past week?
“I, Franklin D Roosevelt…do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and…do hereby prohibit the hoarding of gold…”

EXECUTIVE ORDER 6102, issued by US president Franklin Delano Roosevelt on April 5th 1933, banned private gold ownership .

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Apr 21, 2018

trapperrick wrote:Anyobe notice the nice gain that XLM has made over the past week?

Yup, Bitcoin and most of the alts including Stellar have enjoyed a very nice week, though they are seeing a 24-hour dip today (Saturday). They all have roughly the same chart line for the week. The market as a whole was rebounding until today.

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Sun Apr 22, 2018

Alt party. TRIG, SALT, EOS, many others are looking to big upward movement.
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Mon Apr 23, 2018

for me, it's been ELF, NEO, ONT, XLM, XVG running train lately. Even Qtum is finally starting to move. Thank god for dip buying to lower my cost averages. My first few positions are still badly underwater but almost everything I bought in the past month is up bigly. ONT FTW!

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Apr 25, 2018

Finally, the alts are taking a break and cheapening themselves vs BTC. I might finally get a chance to own something else besides Binance. I could appreciate a nice dip. We'll see.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Fri Apr 27, 2018

Between crypto and metal detectors, i've spent WAYYYYY too much money in the past month.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Apr 30, 2018

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Fri May 04, 2018

Just curious if anyone here owns/is thinking about buying NCASH? I've been looking into it recently and while the idea of it kinda scares me (watch the video of the guy walking into a suit shop and the shop guy already knows all about him and his buying habits), I can absolutely see it being a viable product in retail.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri May 04, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:Just curious if anyone here owns/is thinking about buying NCASH? I've been looking into it recently and while the idea of it kinda scares me (watch the video of the guy walking into a suit shop and the shop guy already knows all about him and his buying habits), I can absolutely see it being a viable product in retail.

The ex-Wall St broker I met on a cruise last week that was into crypto was big on 2 alts: dragonchain & N-cash. I wasn't really tracking it.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat May 05, 2018

For anyone holding Loopring (LRC) - this will be an important thing to do even if you don't own any NEO or QTUM:

Instructions for binding you LRC to your NEO & QTUM addresses (deadline of 30 June to get the first one):
https://medium.com/loopring-protocol/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-upcoming-loopring-airdrops-1ea257ba7c7b

One can check if the binding went through by going here:
https://etherscan.io/address/0xbf78b6e180ba2d1404c92fc546cbc9233f616c42#readContract
On line 1, on the first blank: enter you ETH address that your LRC is affiliated with, and on the second blank: 1 (for NEO), and 2 (for QTUM)

I found all this data on the Loopring Reddit page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/loopringorg/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat May 05, 2018

Some good insights from Cold Fusion again:

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat May 05, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:Just curious if anyone here owns/is thinking about buying NCASH? I've been looking into it recently and while the idea of it kinda scares me (watch the video of the guy walking into a suit shop and the shop guy already knows all about him and his buying habits), I can absolutely see it being a viable product in retail.

The ex-Wall St broker I met on a cruise last week that was into crypto was big on 2 alts: dragonchain & N-cash. I wasn't really tracking it.

Dragonchain is Disney's and the alt that made me realize Crypto was real and here to stay. Every time I say that it cracks me up as Disney with it's films and entertainment parks is the king of alt-real. Still trying to figure out what they are going to do with it.

N-cash I know nothing about. But may take a look at now.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Sun May 06, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:For anyone holding Loopring (LRC) - this will be an important thing to do even if you don't own any NEO or QTUM:

Instructions for binding you LRC to your NEO & QTUM addresses (deadline of 30 June to get the first one):
https://medium.com/loopring-protocol/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-upcoming-loopring-airdrops-1ea257ba7c7b

One can check if the binding went through by going here:
https://etherscan.io/address/0xbf78b6e180ba2d1404c92fc546cbc9233f616c42#readContract
On line 1, on the first blank: enter you ETH address that your LRC is affiliated with, and on the second blank: 1 (for NEO), and 2 (for QTUM)

I found all this data on the Loopring Reddit page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/loopringorg/

Thx buddy..

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat May 12, 2018

Is anyone following PPT at all? I was looking at some charts for coins listed on Binance and PPT really stuck out. Many coins follow the same bull/bear pattern that bitcoin has followed, peaking in mid-DEC and heading south since then. The PPT chart is quite different.
BITCOIN:
PPT:
Look at the timing of that spike in PPT. It happens on 01 FEB, whereas the bitcoin YTD low was on 06 FEB. And now PPT is in severe consolidation mode, with a failed breakout 3 weeks ago. The question becomes will PPT continue sideways, or is there any chance of a return to an ATH for this alt? Any thoughts?

ttitle

Postby ttitle » Tue May 15, 2018

Anyone invested in CVC (Civic)? It is one of Vinny Lingham's projects. I ask because their Bud vending machine that operates on an age verification blockchain is all over my twitter right now.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”